A senior citizen, living alone. A new teen driver, taking the car out for the first time. A child, home alone after school. An avid hiker, on a solo trip in the woods.
Whether it’s a fall, other accident, or injury on the trails, any and all of these scenarios have the potential to turn into life-threatening situations within seconds. Worse, calling for help and receiving quick assistance may be difficult or impossible, depending on the situation.
But what if you don’t live alone? What if you’re young and healthy? Is a personal safety device really that important?
Before you answer that question, take a moment to consider the following:
- According to the Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (RAINN), a sexual assault occurs every 98 seconds to someone in our country. The majority of the victims are under the age of 30.
- As reported in the medical journal Pediatrics, approximately 41% of children ages 0-17 had been the victim of a physical assault within the past year.
- Teenage drivers are at an extremely high risk. In fact, 16-19 year olds are three times more likely to be in a fatal crash.
- Seniors face different risks that can be just as deadly. The National Council on Aging reports that emergency rooms treat older adults every 11 seconds for falls. Every 19 minutes, an older individual dies from a fall. Unfortunately, falls are “the leading cause of fatal and non-fatal injuries for older Americans.”
- You don’t need to be a young child or a senior citizen to put yourself at risk, either. Athletic adults can become victims, too. In a Runner’s World survey, 58% of females under the age of 30 reported being harassed at least once while running.
Personal safety is a concern for everyone. Danger doesn’t discriminate by age, health status, or gender. No matter what demographic you fall into, there are inherent risks, whether it’s in the car, at home, or among other people. Clearly, the sobering statistics confirm that accidents and crime are a very real risk for everyone.
Fortunately, there is a personal safety solution that doesn’t cost a fortune, yet its revolutionary capabilities can literally save your life.
The Silent Beacon Life Alert
Since 2013, Silent Beacon, Inc. disrupted the consumer technology market as a new leader in the personal protection industry. The Silent Beacon is a wearable life alert device that allows users to contact emergency personnel and loved ones instantly with the touch of a panic button. Once activated, the Bluetooth-enabled device sends an alert signal to the user’s pre-stored contact list. This allows loved ones and emergency personnel to instantly locate, track and communicate the person in need of assistance.
Kenneth Kelly, CEO and founder, intentionally created the Silent Beacon’s design in such a way that users could easily call for help. He also wanted to make sure the user could fully focus on the emergency situation at hand. Rather than fumbling with a locked phone or complicated buttons, a single button activates the alerts instantly.
How the Silent Beacon Works
In an emergency situation, the user presses the device’s alert button. At that moment, the Silent Beacon will instantly contact 911, emergency personnel, and loved ones. Users can opt to send text messages, emails, and push notifications, depending upon their preferences.
The vibration feature, powered by a 2.3-volt motor, indicates the Beacon’s status. The multi-colored LED lights provide visual confirmation during alerts, charging, and connectivity. It also lets the user call loved ones or 911 and speak directly into the device. Better yet, the Silent Beacon pinpoints the wearers’ location in under five seconds.
Between the device’s enlarged buttons and speakers with noise cancellation, activation and clear communication have never been easier. Equipped with a large micro-dynamic speaker, you will easily hear the person you called. The slim UltraMini SiSonic Microphone helps contacts hear you clearly, making communication a snap.
Although pressing the button activates the alert, you don’t need to worry about false alarms. The ingeniously designed indented buttons help reduce accidental calls. This ensures that you only press the panic button during a true emergency.
Designed for comfort, you can simply drop the sleek device into a purse or pocket. Or, use the free accessory clip and attach it to your clothing, belt, or other object for complete mobility. You can also use the reinforced area to attach the Beacon to a keychain or lanyard. When it’s time to recharge, connect the device’s micro-USB port, with its dust- and water-resistant cover, to a power source.
The Free Silent Beacon App
The Silent Beacon device pairs with the free safety app to give users the flexibility to alert contacts quickly and easily. 80,000 people currently use the free safety app. Clearly, they understand the power of this life-saving technology.
Here are just a few features of the safety app:
• Turn the calling feature on or off for your primary contacts.
• Enable alerts to be sent as text messages.
• View a Beacon user’s real-time GPS location on the screen.
• Toggle seamlessly between satellite and map-view.
• Forward information to loved ones and emergency personnel.
• Save the map for later, if necessary.
• Indicate the time and GPS location of the signal.
• Identify someone’s time and location from start to finish.
• Directly call the person experiencing an emergency through the app.
• Communicate with the user while help is on the way.
The only technology requirement for the app is Bluetooth 4.0. This allows Silent Beacon to dial 911 and other contacts upon life alert activation.
Unlike other life alert systems, users are not limited to a confining room-to-room radius. They can roam as far from home as they want. As long as the app is within 140 feet of the device, the Silent Beacon can instantly connect. Once someone triggers an alert, the app does all the work, allowing the individual to deal with the emergency situation.
Once you are ready to use your device, it’s time to set up your contact list. First, determine your primary contact and decide if you want to turn the calling feature on or off for that person. In addition to your primary contact, you may add six more people to the list. Now, you’re able to view the status of your contacts at any time.
Next, activate the voice alert feature, and decide how you want to send your alerts. You can send alerts as texts, push notifications, or emails – or any combination of the three. You also have the option to enable the nudge feature, which lets your contacts know you’re safe and sound.
If your loved ones have the app, they can see your movements on the live map. Then, when you activate the Silent Beacon, a pin drops. This allows them to know the exact time, date, and place where you initiated and ended the emergency signal.
Not Just for Home: The Silent Beacon At Work
At this point, you probably agree that having the ability to summon help whenever it’s needed is a lifesaver. But what about at work? Is the need just as great in the workplace?
In a word, yes.
People do not always take workplace health and safety as seriously as they should, yet the consequences can be devastating. The National Safety Council reports workers are injured on the job every 7 seconds. That’s approximately 4.5 million workplace injuries a year! It is important to realize that, no matter the type of work, there is always a risk.
Think about all of the potentially dangerous or unsafe workplace settings. Here’s a sample of some situations, businesses, and professions that put employees’ safety at risk:
- Real estate agents, who tend to show houses to clients alone in the evenings and on weekends
- Hotel workers, who may be lifting or cleaning in empty rooms or hallways
- Drivers, who travel many miles solo each day to make deliveries in urban, suburban, and rural settings
- Electricians, who may be working with devices that could cause shock or electrocution
- Construction workers, with a job that poses many dangers, no matter if you’re alone or working on a team
- Anyone who travels for sales, conferences, or professional development and will be alone in a hotel, plane, car, etc. for long periods of time
- Cashiers and convenience store workers, who may be the only person on-site during a late shift, especially for 24-hour businesses
- Employees who make home visits, such as healthcare providers and social workers
- Anyone working in the security field, whose job is to investigate potentially dangerous situations
- People who work for companies dealing with large amounts of money or expensive products, such as banks, high-end retailers, and jewelry stores
If you’re an employer, you know that absenteeism, injury and disability can affect the organization’s overall effectiveness, as well as its bottom line. What if you could keep your employees safe, no matter where they are?
Fortunately, the Silent Beacon is also the perfect solution for employee safety. Silent Beacon’s life alert system allows employers full control of the alert settings. At the same time, you can give employees the freedom to select how they wish to alert other team members or emergency personnel. User admins can utilize the dashboard to monitor users, import new contacts, edit profiles and manage new subscriptions. You also have the ability to create groups and directly import contacts into a folder.
Better than the rest
Whether for businesses or individuals, most personal safety solutions involve registration with a monthly monitoring service. Sadly, people and companies that could benefit most from these services either don’t want to or can’t afford this extra expense.
In addition to the added expense, another downfall of these call center systems is that a third party intervenes. That means that the customer service representative must relay the emergency message to the appropriate personnel, wasting precious time. Every second can mean the difference between life and death, and those minutes are critical. However, many of the Silent Beacon’s competitors do not offer a direct 911-call option, since that would interfere with the recurring billing structure and third party system they have put into place.
While many once considered personal safety devices useful only for the elderly, the Silent Beacon has proven itself a must-have device for everyone – from children and teens, to the elderly and those with medical conditions, to travelers, lone workers, and those living on their own. In a world where accidents occur every 16 minutes and violent crimes take place every 26 seconds, the Silent Beacon provides priceless peace of mind to its users.
Without hefty monthly fees, deactivation fees and installation fees, Silent Beacon is one of the most affordable personal safety devices on the market. Best of all, the $99.99 price tag for the device and the free app make this life alert system affordable for everyone.
Personal safety is finally within reach. Visit Silent Beacon today to learn more and purchase your Silent Beacon life alert system.