The human body can be colonized by the various probiotic bacterium, one of which is the lactobacillus Reuteri. It is a microbiome found in the gastrointestinal tract, urinary tract, skin, and breast milk, with its supply varying from individual to individual. So can be acquired during vaginal birth delivery or in breast milk. It is a dominant heterofermentative lactobacillus used in the production of fermented dairy foods. It is non-pathogenic and loaded with health befits.
The Benefits of the Lactobacillus Reuteri
But why should you care about this bacteria? Sure, health benefits are great but health benefits, smealth benefits, right?If we were driven by what is best for our health, then many of the fast food restaurants and other establishments would be out of business.
This specific element is something that you would want to pay attention because it can make you feel amazing. But that is merely one of the many benefits that it offers to individuals.
Here are a few of the benefits that it brings to the table.
1. It provokes the release of oxytocin from the brain. When oxytocin is increased, it leads to a chain of other beneficial physiological effects:
- An increase in dermal collagen makes the skin smoothen out and reduces wrinkles.
- Increase in muscle mass and strength.
- Preservation of bone density.
- It increases libido and causes suppression of appetite.
- The emotional effects of oxytocin; act as a mood stabilizer, helps reduce anxiety and aid social interactions.
- Lactobacillus Reuteri likes to colonize the upper gastrointestinal tract; stomach duodenum, jejunum, and ileum, unlike most other probiotic species that prefer the colon. In the upper gastrointestinal, Bacteriocins take place. Bacteriocins are natural bacteria active against harmful bacteria. It inhibits their colonization and remodels the commensal microbiota composition in the host.
- It produces organic acids such as ethanol and reuterin and strengthens the intestinal barrier
- It increases mmunity and reduces inflammatory conditions by increasing production of T regulatory cells and reducing pro-inflammatory cytokines.
- It is good for overall cardiovascular health.
Restoration of this bacteria is important because research shows that 96 percent of modern people have lost this bacteria mostly due to antibiotic exposure, herbicides, and pesticide residue in fruits and vegetables. Supplementation with the prebiotic modulation is made by various brands and comes in different strains.
How Can You Get It Into Your System?
The answer lies with Bezos and his obscure company, Amazon. You can find supplements online that can certainly increase your quality of life. There a wide variety of providers of this product. Maybe try a few and see what works for you.