If you have a preferred printer that you use most of the time, you can make it the default for all your printing. The guide below shows you how to do it on Windows 10 and 11.
Set Default Printer on Windows 10
- Open “Settings.”
- Select “Devices.”
3. Click “Printers and Scanners” on the new page.
4. Scroll down and uncheck the “Let Windows Manage My Default Printer” option.
The same page lists a variety of printers.
5. Select the printer you want to make default
6. Choose “Manage” from the prompt menu.
Now your printer will appear on the screen.
7. Select “Set as Default.”
You should now see a “default “message to confirm that your preferred printer is now the default on your Windows 10 PC.
Set Default Printer on Windows 11
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Select “Bluetooth& Devices.”
3. Open “Printers & Scanners” to see all the available printers.
4. Scroll down the prompt page and find “Printer Preferences.”
5. Uncheck “Let Windows Manage My Default Printer” to disable the option.
6. Scroll the page back to the top to select your preferred printer.
7. Click on the printer.
8. Select “Set as Default.”
Now your apps will use the selected printer by default.