That’s right! Everyone’s favourite state troopers are back – more mustache-y than ever (assumedly).
We’ve been waiting for years to do this, and meow the time has come. Our mustaches are thick, furry, and authoritative. The script is written and we’re getting all antsy in our pantsy to start shooting. – from the IndieGoGo page
Just two days after launching an IndieGoGo campaign for two million dollars, Broken Lizard (the company that produced the first one) got all the funding they needed for another awesome film.
We’ve got some big stuff in the script, and if we’re able to raise enough money, you’ll get to see all of it. The more we raise, the more amazing stuff we can put in the movie. More action, more cameos, more shenanigans, and fine, more Farva. – from the IndieGoGo page
In fact, they have gotten over $2,835,000 in only three days from 29,000 backers.
That’s right, it only took three days.
Super Troopers 2 is going to be back with the original cast including: Rabbit (Erik Stolhanske), Thorny (Jay Chandrasekhar), Mac (Steve Lemme), Foster (Pauil Soter) and Farva. However, there has been no confirmation of the return of Captain O’Hagan (Brian Cox).
Since they released Super Troopers, Broken Lizard has also produced other comedies, such as Beerfest, Club Dread, and The Slammin’ Salmon. None of these movies have had the same cult following as Super Troopers though.
Broken Lizard has promised that this new Super Troopers movie will have a lot of awesome upgrades from the first one, described on their IndiGoGo page as:
- The ability to hire someone who knows how to operate a camera.
- Bathrooms for the women on set (men will still have to use the woods).
- Bigger stunts.
- Fancier cars to chase.
- Louder explosions.
- Cameos from real Hollywood actors.
- More bearf**king (or as Erik’s mom likes to call it ‘making out with the bear’): this time, with real bears and real reciprocation!
- More powdered sugar.
- More full-frontal Farva.
- Diamonds on the soles of our shoes.
- More sexy 70’s icons playing women in positions of authority. (Don’t you want to see Lee Majors in a wig?)
- Kate Upton.
They aim to have the movie finished and produced as early as the beginning of next year, which means 2016 is going to be pretty awesome.
What Kind Of Perks Are Left?
Don’t worry, you can still contribute to the campaign and get awesome perks. While some of the perks are gone, there are still a lot of awesome ones left:
- $1 – Xerox copies of the actors’ butts
- $10 – a DIGITAL-MEGA script
- $30 – a digital download of the movie
- $55 – a shirt and a ‘stache
- $75 – a bunch of other perks plus a Super Troopers badge and highway patrol aviators
- $150 – entrance into an advance screening of the movie (various locations available)
There’s a lot of other perks you can get as well, so you’ll have to check out the IndieGoGo page but I wanted to point out that apparently someone has already donated $35,000 and will get to keep the patrol car they’ll be filming with.
Don’t worry, if you donate $25,000, you can have these guys in your bridal party…