RIDGEFIELD, CONNECTICUT, August 25, 2020 – Bow Tie Cinemas is pleased to announce that it will reopen Criterion Cinemas at Greenwich Plaza in Greenwich, CT on Monday, August 31, 2020. Greenwich is the second Bow Tie Cinemas location to reopen in Connecticut after the Ultimate Majestic 6 & BTX in Stamford reopened its doors on August 21. These locations could temporarily become the “neighborhood” theater for many New York and New Jersey residents as anticipation of Christopher Nolan’s Tenet builds.
The Greenwich theater will reopen with Tenet Early Access shows Monday, August 31 – Wednesday, September 2, ahead of Tenet’s wide release on Thursday, September 3. Majestic will also feature the Tenet Early Access shows across the same three days. While the Majestic will play Tenet in addition to other new Hollywood movies, Greenwich will open exclusively with Tenet on all screens to meet expected regional demand as the rest of the Tri-State has not opened movie theaters at this time. Both Fairfield County theaters are close enough for eager moviegoers from New York and New Jersey to easily travel north by car or train. Tenet Early Access tickets are on sale now for both locations and Tenet’s wide release tickets will be available for purchase Wednesday, August 26 at www.BowTieCinemas.com and on the Bow Tie App.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, Bow Tie Cinemas has instituted numerous new policies to keep its customers and employees safe and to comply with applicable guidelines. They include:
- 100% reserved seating in all auditoriums
- Auditorium capacity limitations of 50% of available seating
- A temporary waiver of all advanced ticketing fees on its website or mobile app
- Selling seats in an alternating pattern so that each customer will have an empty seat on either side
- Upgrades to its mobile app and lobby kiosks to allow for contact-free purchasing of tickets and concession items
- Mandatory wearing of facemask for staff and customers in all parts of the theater unless consuming food and beverages in their seat
- Installation of plexiglass barriers at box office and concession
- Frequent cleaning of touch points throughout the day
- Enhancements to overnight professional cleaning
- Added social distancing markers and directional signage
- Limitations on restroom and lobby capacities
Bow Tie is also one of the hundreds of Exhibitors participating in the CinemaSafe NATO initiative.
“The safety and comfort of our guests and employees during this challenging time is our top priority as we re-open. Our teams will strive every day to provide a safe, clean and comfortable environment for our valued guests to enjoy the first class entertainment experience they’ve come to expect at Bow Tie Cinemas and we look forward to welcoming everyone back to the movies,” says Bow Tie Cinemas’ Owner and CEO, Ben Moss.
A reopening message from CEO, Ben Moss and COO, Joe Masher can be seen here.
About Bow Tie Cinemas
Bow Tie Cinemas is a four-generation family-owned cinema company headquartered in Ridgefield, CT. Bow Tie Cinemas owns and operates 25 luxury cinemas in Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, and Colorado.