How to Make Your AirPods Fit Better
Having to push your AirPods inside every time isn’t a good feeling at all. The experience could be nasty, especially for athletes or joggers who can’t imagine losing their AirPods while commuting. If this has been a constant struggle for you, you’re not alone. There are constant queries from people seeking answers on how to address the issue once and for all. Fortunately, we have simple solutions to address the simple problem.
Keep Your AirPods from Falling Out
The solutions provided below range from using cheap accessories available online to simple habits changes.
- Wear The AirPods Right
While this may sound like an obvious thing to most people, it is still crucial to ensure that you properly wear your AirPods all the time to reduce the chances of falling off. Note that AirPod Pro design has silicone tips that help them dive deep into your ears. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to wear the different AirPod designs.
How to Properly Wear Standard AirPods
- Wipe the AirPods with a clean cloth to remove any dirt/oil and provide a squeaky surface for a better grip.
- Press the AirPods in your ears gently with the stem vertically aligned with your head.
- Wedge the AirPods to a tight and secure point and rotate the stem into a parallel position with your jawline.
How To Properly Wear AirPods Pro
- Confirm that you have the right size by checking the silicone tip size of your AirPods Pro.
- Align both the sizing letter and the black vent.
- Comfortably fit the AirPods Pro into your ears and rotate them to fit comfortably.
- Use the Ear Tip Fit Test in your iPhone’s Bluetooth app to confirm perfect placement.
- Wear Your AirPods Upside Down
This tip is unique and comes from creative AirPods users who found no need to contact Apple for such a minor issue. If the previous trick didn’t work for you, try wearing your AirPods upside down. The inverted posture reduces the possibility of AirPods falling off due to the hanging stem’s weight. Besides, the stem remains tight inside the upper part of your ear.
- Replace Silicone Tips with Memory Foam
The silicone tip has been the major issue for most AirPod users. To address the problem, you should try out a different type of tip that will hold on to your ear even when your skin becomes oily and sweaty. The best material for this is the Memory Foam which, unlike silicone tips, easily adapts to your ear shape, thus providing a tighter and comfortable grip. Ensure that the memory foam tip you choose is the same size as the silicone tip to avoid problems when it comes to fit.
- Use a Waterproof Tape
The water-resistant materials used to make the waterproof tape make it naturally sticky. You’ll need a hole punch and waterproof tape in the following steps.
- Punch out several dots from the tape.
- Place the tape dots on the two sides of the black sensor as in the image below. Experiment with different tape shapes for the best fit.
- Now, place the AirPods Gently on your ears and enjoy the new experience.
While the AirPods falling off is a common flaw, the good news is that one of the solutions provided above will address the issue.