An old address on your Amazon account would see orders shipped to the wrong location. You need to change or remove an address that you no longer use to avoid such inconveniences. Note that you don’t have to delete an address from Amazon if you only need to edit it. You have an option for that. Also, know that all the current Amazon orders will be shipped to your preferred checkout address even if you remove the address from your account. Below are the easiest methods to remove an address on Amazon both on your PC and smartphone.
Delete an Address on Amazon on PC
If you’re using Chromebook, Linux, Mac, or Windows PC, you can simply delete the address through the following steps.
- Launch browser
- Access the Amazon site
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Locate the “Account & Lists” menu in the top-right corner.
5. Hover the cursor over the drop-down arrow to open a submenu.
A new page will open.
6. Scroll down the new page and select “Ordering and Shopping.”
7. Select “Your Addresses.”
The next page should show all your saved addresses.
8. Choose the address you want to delete and select the “Remove option” at the bottom.
A final confirmation prompt will appear.
9. Click “Yes” to confirm.
Now you should see an address removal confirmation message.
Delete an Address on Amazon on Smartphone
If you want to delete an Amazon address through your phone, launch the Amazon app and follow the steps below.
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- Tap the user icon at the bottom of the app.
3. Locate and select “Your Account.”
4. Find and click “Account Settings.”
5. Select “Your Addresses.”
All your saved addresses should appear under the “Your Addresses” page.
6. Select the address you want to delete and click “Remove.”
Confirm the removal, and your address will disappear from your Amazon account.