Your iPhone has a “Voice Memos” app that you can use to record your voice, a conversation song, or any other ambient sound quickly through the built-in microphone. While the iPhone mic will pick even distant audio, you’ll need to be fairly near the iPhone for the best results. Alternatively, you can record your voice through the microphone in the iPhone’s bundled headphones.
How To Record Audio
The Voice Memos app is the simplest way to record your voice, and here’s how it works.
- Open “Voice Memos” on your iPhone’s apps.
This will prompt you to the recording screen with a red button at the bottom center.
- Tap the button to start or stop recording.
- Press the same button when you’re done recording.
- Now save the recording by pressing “Done.”
- Give the recording file a unique name and tap “Save.”
Now you have the audio saved in your iPhone, meaning that you can replay, edit, or delete it. You can also share the audio with another iPhone, Android, PC, and Mac.