IP address or Internet Protocol is a unique number representing your device in any online connection. Every device has the external (public) and the internal (private) address used to communicate to the local networks.
Knowing your IP address will help you in many ways. You need to know your device’s IP address to add a printer, set up a file server, or communicate with other devices over a shared network. Note that the IP address also shares your location. Therefore, you may need to use a VPN to obscure your actual location.
How To Find IP On Windows PC
- Open “Control Panel.”
- Select “Network and Internet.”
- Go to “Properties”
- Scroll to find your device’s IP address as IPv4.
How To Find The IP Address On iOS
- Open “System Preferences.”
- Click “Network.”
- Find the IP address under the status.
How To Find The IP Address On Android
- Go to your device’s “Network Settings.”
- Click on the network you are connected to.
- The device’s IP address is within the network information provided.
How To Find The IP Address On iPhone
- Open “Settings.”
- Click “WIFi”
- Select the connected network
The IP address is shown as an IPv4 address.