How Do You Change Date Format in Excel?
If you want to enter a date in your Excel spreadsheet, you can choose from the available formats or customize it. Depending on your settings, a date could appear as 10-Jan, January 10, 2022, 10 January, or 10/01/2022. This guide shows you how to input different date formats easily.
Change Date Format from The Format List.
The formats lists make changing dates easy as many formats are in this menu.
- Highlight/select the cells you want to format.
- Right-click or Click Comman+1 /Ctrl+1.
- Click “Format Cells.”
- Select the “Numbers” tab
- Select “Date.” From the menu that appears.
- Choose from the different date formats that will appear.
Create a Custom Date Format
- Highlight the cells you want to format.
- Open “Format Cells.”
- Click “Numbers.”
- Select “Custom” from the category.
The default format will appear, meaning that any changes you make to the date will only apply to your customized setting.
- Type your number format code under “Type” to alter the date.
Try out the different methods to change format in Excel to show date in your spreadsheet.