EDMONTON, Canada- August 12, 2020. Today video game developer Beamdog announces the release of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition for iPads and iPhones. The classic Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game is now available from the App Store for $9.99 USD.
“As the Project Director for the original Neverwinter Nights, I’m humbled to see how strong the community remains today,” said Trent Oster, Beamdog CEO. “It is the players who keep this classic fresh, so I’m thrilled to add a brand new platform for fans to experience the adventure and connect with each other- especially amidst the COVID-19 crisis and social distancing.”
The iOS release includes online multiplayer co-op with cross-platform support for Windows, macOS, Android, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One versions of the game. Players will have access to community-run Persistent Worlds which can host up to 250 users at a time.
“Adapting an old school CRPG for use on iPads and iPhones was no easy task. The team did a fantastic job making gameplay feel natural- even for someone with hefty blacksmith hands, like me.” said Oster.
In lieu of mouse and keyboard UI, the app uses a virtual joystick and a context sensitive button, optimized for iOS phones and tablets. Automatic UI scaling and pixel shaders provide updated graphics, while players also have the option to adjust the app’s visual contrast, vibrance, depth of field, and UI scaling to their liking.
In addition to the classic Neverwinter Nights campaign, the iOS release includes six free DLC adventures: Shadows of Undrentide, Hordes of the Underdark, Kingmaker, ShadowGuard, Witch’s Wake, and the Adventure Pack.
Six classic premium modules are also available on iOS for the first time, as paid DLC. These include Tyrants of the Moonsea, Darkness over Daggerford, Infinite Dungeons, Pirates of the Sword Coast, Wyvern Crown of Cormyr, and Heroes of Neverwinter (portrait pack).
Title: Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
App Store Price: $9.99 USD
- Optimized for iPads
- Recommended for iPhones with screen sizes of 7 inches or larger
Re-engineered UI for iPads and iPhones.
- Virtual joystick and context sensitive button makes gameplay easy
- UI Scales automatically or can be set to your liking
- Adventure with friends!
- Cross-play support includes compatibility with mobile, tablets, computers and consoles
- Join persistent worlds, with community-run campaigns and up to 250 players
- Pixel shaders and post-processing effects make for cleaner graphics and visuals
- Adjustable contrast, vibrance, and depth of field options
Content Included with Purchase:
- Neverwinter Nights (Classic Campaign)
- Shadows of Undrentide (Free DLC)
- Hordes of the Underdark (Free DLC)
- Kingmaker (Free DLC)
- ShadowGuard (Free DLC)
- Witch’s Wake (Free DLC)
- Adventure Pack (Free DLC)
Additional DLC Content Available Now:
- Tyrants of the Moonsea
- Darkness over Daggerford
- Infinite Dungeons
- Pirates of the Sword Coast
- Wyvern Crown of Cormyr