Mac Pro Goes On Sale Dec. 19 Online And In Retail With Base Model Starting At $2,999
Apple has officially announced that the new Mac Pro computer will be available for sale starting tomorrow, Thursday Dec. 19. Beginning at $2,999 (this is the LOW end…), there’s another version with better specs for $3,999, and lots of custom options that will hike prices upwards from there.
Apple’s New Mac Pro Goes On Sale Dec. 19
First revealed back in June of 2013, the base model configuration of the Mac Pro features:
- 3.7GHz quad-core Intel Xeon E5 processor
- Two AMD FirePro D500 workstation GPUs with 2GB of dedicated RAM per
- 12GB of system RAM and a 256 flash storage module
The $3,999 version sports:
- 3.5GHz six-core processor
- 3GB of dedicated RAM to each of those workstation GPUs, 16GB of memory
- 256GB of flash storage.