If you want to get a privacy-focused email address that doesn’t share your private information, DuckDuckGo’s Email Protection can be a great choice. The service provides you with an @duck.com email address, which forwards your emails to your main inbox.
Besides acting as an email relay, DuckDuckGo’s Email Protection also safeguards you against in-email tracking codes that show senders your email-viewing time and location.
To reap the rewards of this solution, here is how to use DuckDuckGo Email Protection.
How to Use DuckDuckGo Email?
DuckDuckGo Email Protection is available as a browser extension for popular browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and Brave. It is also offered through the DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser app for iOS, Android, and Mac.
Sign-Up Via Browser Extension
After you have installed the DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials browser extension, you can follow the steps outlined below.
- Head to the DuckDuckGo Email Protection website.
- Click on “Get Started.”
- Read the welcome instructions and click “Next.”
- Review the Privacy Guarantees and Service Terms, click “Next.”
- Choose an address at @duck.com.
- Enter your primary and existing email address where you want to receive your email.
- Click on “Continue.”
- Review the information and either choose “This is correct” or “Go back to edit.”
- Verify your existing and primary email by using a one-time passphrase sent to you by DuckDuckGo and clicking “Complete.” You can also click on the email link to complete this verification.
You have successfully learned how to use DuckDuckGo Email Protection.
Sign-Up Via the DuckDuckGo App
Once you have installed the DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser app, follow the steps below.
- Open the menu by tapping the three dots at the top-right corner.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Select “Email Protection.”
- Select “Get Started.”
- Follow the steps outlined above.
You Can Use Additional Security Features
Besides utilizing these primary features, you can also use a variety of additional security features through the DuckDuckGo browser extension and app. This includes private search, tracker blocking, and site encryption.
With it, you can also change your forwarding or primary email address at any time. Additionally, you can generate an additional private @duck.com address that still uses the forwarding address that you have set up.
DuckDuckGo Continues to Innovate
A few specific firms are approaching the market with an eye toward simplicity when it comes to privacy. In a world where many tech giants rely on various points of data as a key part of their business model, it is essential to have firms that are headed in the opposite direction. While no one firm has yet created an ecosystem around privacy as of yet, we do notice that different firms are looking to add their contributions to the sector.
DuckDuckgo is one of them, as it started with its search functionality. It is branching with more privacy oriented applications with its roll out of its privacy focused email solution.
Are you interested in DuckDuckGo’s privacy solution? If you try it, let us know what you think about it.