Geek Insider FYI: How To Block Facebook Game Requests
So maybe you’re safe from all those ads and pop ups, thanks to Geek Insider’s list of the best Google Chrome extensions, but now you’re being hassled by Aunt Mary and her daily invites to join her on FarmVille. Are you are tired of getting excited every time your smart phone pings and you think it’s your crush but its only another invite for Candy Crush? Have you looked through Facebook’s “Help” center and found it not helpful? Well, as always, Geek Insider is here to save the day!
The Personal Approach
- Go to SETTINGS on your Facebook account. It’s located in the top right corner of the site, next to your name.
- Click on BLOCKING.
- Find the BLOCK APP INVITES section. Enter the offender’s name and block them (in this case; Aunt Mary).
Boom! No more invites from Aunt Mary. Of course, you don’t want to have to enter the name of every single person who does this. That would take forever…
Go After The Source
- Go to SETTINGS.
- Go to the BLOCKING section.
- Find the BLOCK APPS section.
- Enter the name of the game and block it.
Yeah, yeah. we know. This is the same as above, just with games. It’ll take time and you’ll have to enter each game individually.
Bring Out The Big Guns
- Go to the FACEBOOK APP CENTER by visiting here.
- Click on ACTIVITY at the top of the page.
- Click on INVITATIONS.
- Deny the request by clicking on the “X” button. This will trigger more options to appear.
- You can either 1. Click on BLOCK [GAME NAME] or 2. Click on IGNORE ALL REQUESTS FROM [PERSON’S NAME]. Geek Insider recommends both.
- A new window will appear. Click on CONFIRM.
- After doing this, hit REFRESH and all the requests from that game should be gone.
Simple! You’re done and safe from Aunt Mary and her desperate need to play FarmVille with you. Now you can wait in peace for that belated message from your crush. Will they ever get back to you? That’s one thing Geek Insider can’t help you with. Sorry.