Imagine playing your favorite Android app on your desktop with a keyboard and a mouse. The experience would be fun whether you’re playing a game or exploring a native app sitting on the couch comfortably.
BlueStacks has made this a reality as you can now run Android apps and games on Macs and Windows devices. Simply learn how to use it and enjoy Android Apps on your desktop.
What Is BlueStacks?
BlueStacks is a software that supports the latest Android version apps on your Mac or Windows. You only need a mouse and keyboard to control the game and resize the screen. Besides, the software lets you run different apps concurrently on the same desktop.
While Android apps have been picky regarding operating systems, BlueStacks serves as a common ground for all the apps on your smartphone.
BlueStacks is for you if you’re into gaming, as it comes with an array of features such as streaming. Also, it boosts graphic performance for game processors providing much higher quality. BlueStacks has different modes depending on the game type, the common ones being shooting mode and MOBA. Through BlueStacks, you can achieve high frames per second (FPS) as it has native keyboard mapping and controller support.
You must be an administrator to run BlueStacks on your PC. Below are other minimal requirements to run the software.
- Windows 7 and later version.
- AMD or Intel processor.
- At least 5GB Disk Space
- least 4GB RAM.
- Updated graphics drivers.
You should run the software smoothly on your PC if it fulfills these requirements. However, if you’re looking to utilize BlueStacks for gaming, you should meet the following criteria.
- Windows 10 or 11.
- AMD or Intel Multi-Core Processor with at least 1000 Single Thread benchmark score.
- At least 8GB RAM.
- ATI/Nvidia/Intel, Discrete or Onboard controller with at least 750 benchmark score.
- Virtualization enabled.
- SSD storage.
Install BlueStacks on Windows
You must download BlueStacks on your desktop to use Android apps. Here’s how.
- Launch your preferred browser and go to BlueStacks’ official website.
- Click “Download” to start downloading.
- Run the downloaded file.
- Select the preferred location for the downloaded file and hit “Install.”
Note that the installation process may take time, depending on your machine and the internet connection.
Also, users receive errors during the process when they have antivirus enabled. To avoid such an occurrence, disable the antivirus and re-enable it once you’re done downloading.
BlueStacks should start immediately after the installation process.
- Now sign in to your Google Account and access the Google Play Store.
Install BlueStacks on Mac
- Visit the website on your Mac and hit “Download.”
Once the BlueStack is downloaded, the installer will seek confirmation if you want to start the program.
- Select “Open” to proceed. ‘
- Select “Install Now” on the installation window to start the process.
- Enter your login details on the new helper window and click “Install Helper.”
- Confirm your user information.
- Click “Open Security & Privacy” on the pop-up.
- Go to “Settings.”
- Select the “General” tab.
- Click “Allow.”
Note that you may need to restart your Mac for the changes to take effect.
Set Up Your Google Account in BlueStacks
BlueStacks is ready for use, but you must sign in with your Google account to access Play Store.
- Click on the “Play Store” icon.
- Select “Sign in.”
- Enter login details.
- Hit “Agree.”
Syncing your Google data will let you access apps and files through BlueStacks.
You must have a Google account, even if you’re a Mac user.
Install and Run Android Apps from Google Play Store With BlueStacks
- Open “Play Store” by clicking on the Google Play icon.
- Search your favorite apps.
- Click “Install” to download the app.
- Find the downloaded apps on your main screen and click on the app to run.
- Switch between apps via the tab manager. Similarly, you can use the multi-instance manager to run multiple apps concurrently.
Enjoy Android Apps on your Desktop with BlueStacks
Using Android apps on your Mac or PC can be very helpful since some may exceed the software on the desktop. The advent of emulators has improved games and led to an enormous increase in mobile gaming. So, BlueStacks will help bypass smartphone limitations and bring the Android world to your PC or Mac, whether you’re running apps or gaming over software.