‘Bout time! Battlefield 4 gets an update today, and it sports a long list of fixes.
Battlefield 4 Patch Fixes A Lot Of Issues
Today, Battlefield 4 is set to receive a much needed update that will be solving several issues, including Quantum Leaping and friendly-fire problems. Here is a comprehensive list of everything included in the patch, thanks to our friends at PC Gaming:
- Fix for a crash that would cause the game to stall, resulting in a sound loop. This should eliminate most of the problems relating to this.
- Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for “roadkilling” opponents.
- Fixed one of the issues related to the so-called “Netcode”
- Fix for player tags not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members.
- Fix for graphical flickering appearing on terrain.
- Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
- Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out. -Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen after being killed.
- Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived.
- Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
- Made NVidia 331.82 or later driver versions mandatory for all players.
- Disabled DirectX 11.1 on NVidia cards that have outdated drivers.
- Fixed driver version not being properly detected on NVidia Optimus systems.
- Fixed a minor crash that could occur when bringing up the scoreboard.
- Fix for the issue where the game would get stuck in loading screen when players tried to join a Second Assault map without actually owning Second Assault.
Additionally, a server update will solve these problems:
- Fix for some of the more common server crashes
- Overall performance enhancements
- UCAV ammo replenish time was set from 20 to 90 seconds
- Round time limit intervals were added for the different server types