Did you know that chief executives Anne Mulcahy of Xerox, McDonald’s Jim Skinner, and IBM’s Samuel Palmisano began working in entry-level opportunities in the multinationals they currently head?
This explains the importance of a quality entry-level position in a jobseeker’s career cycle.
Even though non-entry-level positions can catapult one to the organization’s helm, a quality start has its set of advantages for staff.
However, one needs to research and embrace serious occupational goals to get the best entry-level career that the job market has to offer.
Here’s the list of the best entry-level opportunities in finance, mortgages, and technology in 2021.
Finance is a vast industry with diverse entry-level opportunities.
After all, this field pays six to seven-figure salaries and compensation among its top employees. Starters can expect a better wage compared to their counterparts in other sectors. These job categories could be a source of advantage for recent grads seeking a kickstart in finance.
1. Financial analyst – This is the best entry-level opportunity for you if you are the type that’s talented in analyzing and consolidating revenues, making financial projections, and advancing workable forecast models. In 2019, a financial analyst in the U.S earned a median salary of $81,000.
2. Investment banking analysts – This is one of the lucrative areas in the financial sector. An investment banking professional helps clients with their capital needs, securities sales, underwriting debts and equities, facilitating mergers and acquisitions, and taking companies public. A report by PayScale indicated that investment banking analysts earned a median starting salary of $68,000 in 2020. Another great option is working with a licensed money lender Singapore for your capital needs.
3. Financial auditor – Auditors are in demand in the job markets because of their broader ability to conduct risk assessments and ensure that the organization doesn’t breach the law by reviewing their financial records. An entry-level financial auditor may take home an average of $71,000.
Here’s the list of the most lucrative entry-level job opportunities in the mortgage sector.
· Loan officer: Loan officers act as sales agents and contact points between the company and clients in residential and commercial property settings. You are set to make an annual average salary of $160,000 with a commission of $24,000 yearly.
· Mortgage processor – An entry-level mortgage processor works hand-in-hand with mortgage underwriters and loan officers to gather the information needed to apply for mortgages successfully. This role suits you if you are capable of meeting deadlines and working in a fast-paced environment. You’re set to go home with $35,000 annually working as a beginner in this position.
· Mortgage underwriter- This is the person who makes the final approval or denial verdicts for mortgage applications. You may be fit for this role if you are a good communicator and analytical. Mortgage underwriters earn an average of $40,000 annually.
The following list may come in handy if you are a tech-savvy individual looking for an entry-level career opening.
1. Business analyst – This entry-level job entails helping organizations enhance their products, services, software, and processes. With a salary scale of $68,000, the business analyst job can be very accommodative for fresh grads.
2. Quality assurance analyst – You will help your employer plan, develop, design, and execute tests on software in reporting and telecom systems in collaboration with your firm’s business and IT segments. You may earn $70,000 working as a quality assurance analyst with room for growth.
3. Software/web developer – This is the best entry-level position for grads with computer programming skills and the ability to resolve user issues in web designs and functionalities. You’re set to earn between $40,000 and 145,000 as an entry-level software/web developer.
You only need the right academic certifications to access the best entry-level jobs offered in your field. However, your experience from internships could increase the chances of getting these jobs.