Customer service data migration has become a common task for the business upgrade whether you work in technology, eCommerce, healthcare, education, or other industry. Salesforce migration is one of the top choices of companies these days. . But what do you need it for and how can it be done? We will try to explain crucial details of customer service data moving. To avoid missing important information during the process, you will have to ensure everything is all right.
The importance of Salesforce data migration
Usually, the business requires data transfer in such cases:
- Your processes need scaling and want to move from a chat software or shared mailbox to a full-featured ticketing tool.
- Your current support tool doesn’t meet your company’s needs or your support team underperforms because of the customer support system.
- You want to consolidate the support service team of your products in Salesforce Service Cloud.
As a result, your company will benefit from improved customer experience and successful Salesforce data migration. Besides, make sure you prepared your help desk records that would ensure the proper allocating of your current records in the Salesforce instance:
- audit and filter needed data for a transfer;
- double-check the custom fields on your source and target help desk platforms;
- check if you have a lot of inactive support reps and whether you need the records assigned and commented on by those users.
What are the advantages of Salesforce Migration?
- After moving to Salesforce Service Cloud, your customer service department obtains new tools and features. Also, you can automate the routine and manual working process and bring your organization one step closer to your digital transformation journey.
- Your support agents will be able to solve customer problems much faster, get rid of manual tasks, and enjoy an upgraded employee experience.
- Extend the integration capabilities and improve the processes you are running with ease by finding the proper app in the Salesforce app exchange.
But before that, you need to learn about how to migrate the data correctly. With unsuccessful Salesforce import processes, you will waste your time and resources and restart the entire process. Which is not what we want.
How to migrate data to Salesforce successfully
There are some tips that can help you to transfer customer service data correctly:
- Identify the data that should and should not be moved – this will help to systematize processes and get the most from the operation.
- Plan your data migration – prior to the actual process, you need to consider all the details. Maybe, some data requires decryption. You will have to plan everything, either way, you will have to restart data migration, which is a costly adventure.
- Set timeframes – the better you know when it should be done, the more you can avoid overruns and delays.
- Choose a migration service – you can develop a migration app yourself, use the vendor’s importing tool, and migrate via CSV files, or you can run automated Salesforce migration via the Help Desk Migration service.
- Disconnect your mailboxes, turn off the triggers and macros before migrations and turn them on after your Salesforce migration is completed.
Every step in your data migration project matters and can impact the final results. So be sure to note your Salesforce migration and try test importing or demo migration to be sure that this customer service data importing fits you perfectly.