In this technological era, YouTube has become an essential part of our lives. At the surface, this premise of getting access to all sorts of information and ideas in a single click looks fascinating but, in reality, it comes at the cost of our online privacy.
Incognito mode, as its name suggests, is one of the best private browsing modes to address your vulnerability related to cybersecurity concerns
With the recent track in cyber hacking, users prefer more of incognito mode. It deletes the cookies, doesn’t retain the browsing history or any such personally identifiable information, thereby not leaving many tracks. Thus, it gives complete privacy to the users.
What Is Incognito Mode and Is It Safe?
Whether it is Chrome, Firefox, or Safari, every app has the incognito mode. This hints that the users trust the mode and is an essential key in incognito mode. It’s like a hat in glass disguise mode, which tells you are present there but not.
Coming to safety, it removes more detail tracks than you know. It will hide all your history, there will be no prompts, and it will keep your activity hidden.
There is a simple observation, which we all have faced once in life. Whenever we start searching for flight tickets, the price increases from the initial. It means that the more you search, the more the price will go. So, intelligent people choose the incognito mode, which prevents cookies and history, so you can easily have access to cheaper flight tickets.
The incognito mode might hideaway your history and keep you private, but your device is still open to hacking, tracking, and monitoring by hackers and ISPs. One doesn’t need an incognito mode for this purpose, one needs a VPN service. And what better than the best free unlimited VPN for Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, or more.
What Is VPN?
VPN Stands for Virtual Private Network. It provides protected and secured connectivity while using public network connections through data encryption.
These days we get to know a lot of news about data hacking and loss. But we can use a VPN to protect data and can get rid of these problems.
How To Enable Incognito Mode In YouTube?
- Open the YouTube app on your mobile.
- On the top right corner, click on the logo or profile picture of your YouTube account.
- Click on the “Turn on Incognito” option.
- If the Incognito mode is activated, then you’ll be able to see a black bar at the bottom of your screen reminding you that “You’re incognito.”
How To Disable Incognito Mode In YouTube?
Once you’ve completed browsing videos incognito, you can disable the incognito mode using the following steps:
- Click on the incognito icon on the top right corner.
- Click on the “Turn off Incognito” option.
- You can sign in to your old/desired account.
Benefits of Using Incognito Mode In YouTube
- Your search history won’t be saved. Whatever you watch incognito in the YouTube app won’t affect your YouTube experience in the future.
- None of your activities in the ‘incognito’ mode will be reflected on your account.
- The incognito mode keeps all your activities private. Thus providing you the much-needed online privacy while using YouTube mobile app.
- If you remain inactive for more than 90 minutes after enabling the incognito mode, you’ll be automatically redirected to the last account you were using before going incognito.
Reasons For Using Incognito Mode In YouTube
- This feature allows you to stay signed in without actually signing in to your account.
- The search history and watch history are automatically deleted once your incognito session is over.
- The incognito session will neither influence nor be reflected on your actual account.
How Does Incognito Mode Work On The YouTube App?
Once you’ve ended your incognito session on the YouTube app, all the temporary data collected by your device gets erased. Such data include:
- Search history
- Watch history
In this way, this feature prevents any third party from accessing your online activity data or stealing your data while using the YouTube mobile app.
Does Incognito Mode Ensure Complete Online Privacy?
Although the ‘incognito’ mode is an excellent feature offered by the YouTube app, it doesn’t guarantee complete online privacy. You must be aware that Google can still track your activity even during the incognito session. Your watch and search history may remain hidden, but your online activities can still be observed and traced in the incognito mode. All these terms and conditions are noted in the YouTube app when you enable incognito mode for the first time.
Limitations of The ‘Incognito’ Mode In YouTube App
- Once you’ve enabled the incognito mode, you won’t get the additional benefits of a premium account even if you have a subscription to YouTube Premium.
- You’re not entirely unobserved at the network level for your incognito session. Your internet service provider, employer, etc., can still keep records of your activities during that session unless of course, you have a VPN.
- You can not do any public activity such as subscribing to a channel, liking or commenting on a video, etc., when you’re incognito. You have to switch back to your account to do such activities.
- It does not ensure protection from viruses or malware.
The ‘incognito’ mode is a fantastic feature offered by the YouTube mobile app to help its users browse and watch videos without compromising their online privacy and security. It does have some limitations, but on a comparative note, it makes the YouTube experience much better using this free VPN connectivity.